Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why?

The "why" stage is upon us.

This morning I yelled in consternation when Sylvia dumped water on the kitchen floor and complained, "now I have to clean it up."

To which she replied, "why?"

"Because it's a mess."

"Why?"

Sigh.

Later, dragging her away from the neighbor's gravel parking strip (her favorite play place) I told her we had to leave, NOW!

"Why?"

"Because we're late."

"Why?"

"Because I made a time-intensive breakfast of potatoes this morning."

"Why?"

"Because that's all we had on-hand."

"Why?"

"Because we need to go grocery shopping."

"Oh."

Apparently that one doesn't need a why.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I just posted about Evan's "What" questions :) Kids are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! When Gareth started that I was initially kinda excited about it. It was rather fun to see how long I could go giving reasonable responses to Why?. But back then he'd usually accept my answers at some point. Now, he just keeps asking why no matter what I say and it's become obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete