Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fixable, but broken

It's been a less than stellar day. I didn't get done the things I wanted to get done, except one thing I wanted to finish yesterday. I made one figure and then discovered I needed to make it differently. Blech. I'm already so far behind there's no way to dig myself out of the hole and today just made that worse.

The only bright spot of the day was that Derrick and I ate lunch together. Just us two. That doesn't happen often.

After I picked up Paul, we played in the house, building towers with blocks and throwing balls around. While we were in the kitchen, I threw a ball and hit the beautifully carved decorative spoon my uncle made for Derrick and I when we got married eight years ago. It's a rather ornate heart-shaped spoon with a handle carved to look like knots and to have a ball inside a cage in the middle. When it hit the floor the cage shattered. Derrick thinks he can fix it, which makes me feel a little less bad, but it just reinforced that today was one of those days when I should have stayed in bed.

But tomorrow will be better.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment