Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hanging on

So, I'm still here. Still hanging on. If this pregnancy is like my previous pregnancies I'll probably still be pregnant around the 20th of June and then the doctors will say, 'Okay, we think you should be done.' And then I'll probably have a baby. In case any of you were wondering.

I am going to publicly say I am glad to be having my baby here in Australia. I had my 37 week check up last week and there was no internal exam. This week's 38 week check up also included no internal exam. I love, love, LOVE that the midwives and doctors here are relaxed enough about childbirth that they don't feel the need to know what's going on with my cervix at the earliest point when I *might* go into labor. We'll see what happens toward the end, but I'm guessing, based on this, that the only exams I'll get are when I'm actually in labor. What a concept!

In the mean time, here are some pictures from our trip to the beach last week:



1 comment:

  1. You all look very happy. I'm glad you're enjoying the benefits of birth in Australia. Can't wait to see pictures of/hear about the new little one!

    ReplyDelete