Thursday, May 18, 2023

Alone at last

 One of the hardest things about early parenting for me was, I think, the never being alone. As much as I love my kids, having to interact with them constantly,  or at least be aware of them constantly, was so, so much. I thought once my kids were all in school I'd get more alone time and would be able to do things like read and write, and could finally, FINALLY treat writing like a job.

Except it turns out that kids are always sick, and I'm still rarely alone. Even though my kids are older and probably old enough I shouldn't need to be aware of them constantly my brain just can't treat the presence of a child in my home as something I can ignore, even for an hour.

Today, though, all my kids are at school and I have several hours to myself, so I'm going to sit down and write, starting with this very basic, very bland blog post. Yes, it's bad. Yes, it's boring. If you're reading this, I'm sorry it's not interesting and there's no real point here other than to say I am ALONE AT LAST!

Now, off to write!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! And congrats on finally getting some quiet time to be able to write!

    ReplyDelete