Monday, May 14, 2007

Aliens abducted my husband

I think that my husband has been abducted by aliens and a near identical clone left in his place. I think I need to check and make sure this Derrick has a belly-button and has the same fingerprints as the one I know and love.

What, you may ask, makes me think my husband has been replaced by a dopleganger? This weekend he suggested I get pregnant. Seriously. He sounded surprisingly earnest in his suggestion, and I'm strangely excited by the prospect of having a child. I don't know, maybe it's time, though intellectually grad school doesn't seem like the best time to start a family.

I think he really just wants an excuse to be with me--he's pretty obviously done with the whole long-distance relationship thing. I whole-heartedly agree that it's time to quit living apart, I'm just a little surprised he'd suggest pregnancy would be a good way to go about ending this particular situation.

Definitely aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment