Saturday, November 8, 2008

Three months old

Sylvia is three months old today, and she's now 23 1/4 inches long, making her definitely too big for newborn clothes, and almost too big for 0-3 month clothes. She sure is cute, isn't she? I just love her chubby little cheeks.




I took her with me to work (of course--Derrick is at a conference) and while I was cleaning up after a poor attempt at vacuum distillation, she laughed. It took a minute for me to figure out what she was laughing at, but it was the clinking of the glass test tubes together. For whatever reason that sound just made her laugh like she'd just heard some great joke.

I also took her to dinner this evening. Clayton (married to Stacy--another grad student in the department) is deploying to Iraq soon, so a bunch of us from the department gathered at Scotty's for dinner. Clayton was more than happy to hold her while we waited for a table, and Sylvia definitely didn't mind the attention.




Here's a picture of Brenda and Isaac, taken while we were waiting. Isaac was quite taken by "baby Sylvia."


And at dinner Gabe told me that his advisor, Paul Koch is an intellectual descendant of Stephen Jay Gould, which evidently means I should be a paleontologist. Hope fossilized brine shrimp cysts count toward that!

No comments:

Post a Comment