Thursday, September 24, 2009

Miss you

So, last week Derrick and Sylvia went to Birmingham and I went to Chicago to work. I ended up staying until Saturday, working really pretty hard to, in the end, only get about 25 samples prepped. Part of my slowness was an understandable learning curve; part was that the prep procedure just takes longer than I was expecting.

I thought Derrick would come home about the same time I did, but he decided he'd rather stay in Birmingham to get more done. Then he stayed a day longer. And another day. And now, it's looking like he's going to stay through the week because his mom is getting an award Friday, all of which means I'm going to be away from Sylvia for nearly two weeks--easily the longest time I've been away from her since she was born. Man, this is hard. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment