Monday, May 10, 2010

Fer sure

So, Derrick and I were driving through the Mojave desert and I, cautious driver that I am, was only going about 5 over the speed limit. The road through the Mojave is much less traveled than I-15, especially on a Sunday. It's not completely deserted, though--at one point two vehicles came up behind me, obviously wanting to go about the same speed they'd be able to do on I-15. After they blew past me I said, "Wow, I'm like totally holding up traffic."

Derrick's comment: "Kristine's only been in California for a few hours and she's already got a Valley girl accent."

I'm a little ambivalent about this move for a variety of reasons, but it's pretty much our only realistic option at the moment. I'd get more into it, but it's late, we've driven a long time, and I want to go to bed. So, in the mean time, enjoy some pictures from our drive through the Mojave.



No comments:

Post a Comment