Friday, August 27, 2010

Bicycle Race

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like.
--Queen


Sylvia also likes to ride my bicycle, though she much prefers it when Daddy is the one riding since he's faster and more daring.

I've started riding my bike in to Scripps with Derrick. The ride is very nice, but it's kicking my butt. When I get here, I feel like I'm made of Jell-O, and I just want a nap. On the plus side, I'm far more alert the rest of the day (or at least, I was yesterday, which was my first day riding in). I'm looking forward to the day when I can keep up with Derrick, and not be passed by every other cyclist on the road!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a lot of people cycling in Seattle and my whole body cringed at the thought of cycling there. If your terrain is anything similar (LOTS of hills) then I'm sure you're getting some great exercise, but I don't think I envy you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it's as hilly here as Seattle, but it's hilly. Definitely more hills than West Lafayette (though that's not exactly hard, I know). Most of the ride is relatively flat or a very small grade, but at both ends it's steep. While it's really fun to start my ride with a quick decent, it's not so fun going back up on the other side.

    I keep wishing for a "Mike" from One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish:

    "We like our bike.
    It's made for three.
    Our Mike
    sits up in back,
    you see.

    We like our Mike
    and this is why:
    Mike does all the work
    when the hills get high."

    ReplyDelete