Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Willpower

Paul slept for two hours today, which gave me lots of time to finally catch up on all the stuff I've missed on facebook, a.k.a.--goof off on the internet. Yeah, I had the chance to have a nice productive morning and goofed off instead. I'm sure that doesn't sound at all like me. In my defense, the one time I did try to get up to do something, Paul woke up, forcing me to sit and hold his precious little body until he drifted off to sleep again. I know someday I'm not going to be able to hold him this way, and so I indulge my gluttonous self, eating up every little moment of time he's curled up next to me. It doesn't hurt that when he wakes up and I'm next to him he smiles so brightly it outshines the sun for a moment and pierces my heart with its loveliness. He is such a sweet, lovely baby, but he's loosing his babyness, becoming more of a toddler with his straight, strong legs and back. The way he moves, the way he stands, a proud bouncing sumo, the days of his babyhood are rapidly draining away.

No comments:

Post a Comment