Friday, February 27, 2009

To be a record keeping person

Derrick was ordained to the office of Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood by my Grandpa. I remember coming out for spring break and I remember a bunch of people from my family making the trek to Derrick's ward for the ordination. Unfortunately, I don't remember the date (other than around spring break) and I'm not much of a record keeper, so I'm pretty sure I didn't write it down anywhere.

Apparently, Derrick's ward clerk didn't write it down either.

There is no record that Derrick has been ordained to any office in either priesthood. I'm hoping that this won't prevent him from blessing Sylvia on Sunday--the Bishop said he'd let Derrick bless Sylvia as long as we found some witnesses to the ordination. It's so strange that there's no record at all of either ordination. It's obvious it happened--Derrick's been endowed, and we were sealed in the temple--there's just no paper trail associated with the ordination. This is one of those times when I really wish I were more consistent in my record keeping so that I could go back and find the date in my journal and say, "oh yes, it was a beautiful day in March. My uncles, A and B, and aunts, C and D, and my cousins, X, Y, and Z, all came down." Or perhaps even better, I wish my Grandpa were still alive so we could just call him up and he'd say, "yes, I ordained Derrick. He holds the Melchizedek priesthood."

No comments:

Post a Comment