Thursday, April 2, 2009

Moving to San Diego

Derrick's going to take the post-doc at Scripps, so I guess we're going to San Diego, probably in December. Sometimes I'm excited, other times, not so much. I've really grown to like small-town living and I'm not actually looking forward to moving someplace where we'll be paying through the nose for a tiny apartment with no yard (again!) and not even the possibility of a garden (one of the perks I really enjoyed last summer). On the plus side, I was looking at the price of condos in the area and apparently prices have dropped quite a bit--so much so it might actually be more cost-effective for us to purchase a condo for the year or so we'll be there rather than rent.

We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. so, you'll be moving too? will you be done with school by then, or are you going to take a break and go back to school later?

    The best perk about San Diego is the weather! You won't need those big winter coats anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep--we're moving, though not until December. I should be done with lab work by then, though I'll still have lots of writing to do.

    I'm definitely looking forward to the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats quite a change! San Diego sounds fun, although I agree with you on the apartment thing. Who knows, maybe this whole economic crisis will help you get a nicer place.

    ReplyDelete