Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to the real world

This report was released today. I haven't looked through the whole thing, but what I've seen seems like a good overview of our current understandings of the impact of anthropogenic climate change on the US.

I did hear Diane Rehm talking to one of the authors and a couple of reporters about the report. One was pro, one was anti, and both were predictably spin-happy. I really wish the climate debate wasn't so stuck in the rut of scientists and pro people dragging the latest and greatest (or at least the well-accepted by this point) in statistics, while the anti-GW types pull out the same old tired innaccurate, misleading, and downright wrong statistics to muddy the water. It's so frustrating--critical thought is hard enough without people spreading sweet sounding lies.

I've really got to get another climate post up sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment