Saturday, June 20, 2009

Berlin, Saturday

Saturday morning, after a very late start and a nice brunch at a cafe near the train station with the archaeologists, we parted ways--they to Leipzig, and I on to Berlin. As I came up to the Reichstag, I came upon a puppet troupe:



After taking a few pictures I continued on. I found a book store, where I dropped about 40 euros on books for Sylvia and ran into Lindsey from the conference! We went to lunch at an excellent pizza place her friend suggested (who knew Berlin would have excellent pizza?), and then walked to the Pergamon museum.

I saw three main galleries at the museum: one for Greek artifacts (including an almost complete reconstructed temple of Telemachus), one for Assyrian artifacts, and one for Arab artifacts. Here are a few of my favorites from the museum collection.
















1 comment: