Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lactation

So, I remember being engorged shortly after having Sylvia. The pain of having too much milk in my swollen breasts on those evenings Sylvia would sleep longer than I expected her to. I also remember having to adjust to pumping, and how difficult that was, particularly on days when my schedule wasn't as amenable to pumping in a timely manner. I'm glad I wasn't fired, like this woman in Ohio was. Not that I purchased anything from Isotoner, but I'm even less likely to now that I know how unfriendly their policies are toward breastfeeding mothers.

****
Update: this post discusses the class issues inherent in the breastfeeding case.

2 comments:

  1. That is so crazy and ridiculous! I won't be buying anything from them either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you again (in a virtual sense)! I hadn't updated my link when you changed your address, so I'm really glad you stopped by and left a comment. Lucas looks like he's doing great, which I have to say I'm very happy to see.

    ReplyDelete