Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Couple of programs

Yesterday I was listening to Morning Edition on NPR and heard this story that features an LDS couple who avoided the financial crisis because their "faith encouraged them to be financially responsible." I thought it was an interesting story, and a good plug for following the prophet.

For those interested in the history of childbirth, this story on Radio West highlights Get Me Out: A History of Childbirth from the Garden of Eden to the Sperm Bank. It's fascinating that women have been worried about the "right" way to give birth for centuries. The description of twilight sleep was particularly interesting to me. My husband's grandmother, I think, used the combination of morphine and scopolamine to induce twilight sleep. Even so, the experience was apparently bad enough she only gave birth once.

No comments:

Post a Comment