Monday, March 22, 2010

Words

Sylvia's vocabulary includes the following words:
Hot (which describes most food)
Cat (which describes most animals)
Dog (unless they're big)
Cheese
Shoes (which describes anything put on feet)
Keys
Car
Cold
Cool (as in, neat)
Cookie (I know she used to say cracker, but apparently not anymore)
Drink (said, 'Dree')

And, of course, momeee and da. There are a few other words I think I understand ('ga' for blanket; 'peety' for clothing, especially if it's sparkly or brightly colored). She'll say something akin to two and three if you count with her, and 'T' is lately her favorite letter. Sometimes she calls a book a 'buh,' and she almost says hog (more like 'ha') while reading "But not the Hippopotamus." Not bad for a 19 month old kid.

I bring this up because the other day at breakfast Sylvia ran through pretty much her entire vocabulary in about five minutes. I don't know if she was trying to tell us something, just trying to be a part of the conversation, or just practicing her words for our enjoyment. Whatever it was, I was impressed and entertained.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love it when babies discover words! Kiah is finally coming out of her shell... now that we got rid of that binky!

    ReplyDelete