Friday, March 11, 2011

Potty time! (maybe)

I've sporadically worked with Sylvia on going potty in the toilet basically since we got to San Diego. I admit, I haven't worked all that hard on it because, well, I just don't care enough. I don't feel like making my life miserable just to teach my kid how to go in the toilet. While I'm jealous of women whose children are already potty trained, I figure my kid will figure it out in due time.

Anyway, one of the kids (a boy) at Sylvia's daycare is potty training, and apparently today she went into the boy's bathroom while the other potty-trained girls were being helped by the teacher, took off her pants and diaper, and peed in the "froggy potty." She even told me about it when I came to get her, and was justifiably proud of her accomplishment. Maybe we just need a toilet she thinks is cool and she can use on her own.

I can dream, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I am all about letting them decide when to potty train, it worked for Kiah. I am still having trouble with Evan and I think it is because I pushed him too hard.

    ReplyDelete