Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tsunami

Apparently I'm missing out on a tsunami this morning. Derrick might get to see part of the aftermath, but since he biked in to work, he probably missed the majority of it as well. It's not likely to be very large--the highest measured heights so far are in the less than 2-m range, and that's much closer to the epicenter in Japan. Japan, however, is a different story entirely. Around here I'm guessing it'll be more like 1 m or less. So, a very high tide that might impact some of the houses that are close to the beaches, but anything up on the cliffs (like Scripps) is going to be just fine.

On a completely different note, this morning Sylvia looked at me while I was getting dressed and called me "big butt." Derrick laughed (the stinker) so for the next five minutes I heard a lot about my big butt.



I don't think it looks THAT big.

No comments:

Post a Comment