Wednesday, March 4, 2009

busy weekend

Karla's bridal shower was Saturday. Knowing how terrible I am about organizing things, I volunteered to provide some refreshments (cupcakes) and let Mary deal with invitations and building arrangements and the like. Being the moderately ambitious baker that I am, I decided to make four kinds of cupcakes, and then planned to run extras around to my visiting teach-ees and a few friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the ingredients for the fourth type (lemon custard filled), so I just made chocolate, chocolate with cherry filling (sort of a black forest cupcake), and vanilla cupcakes filled with vanilla pudding and topped with chocolate ganache (Boston cream cupcake sort of thing). The Boston cream cupcakes were probably the most popular--I didn't bring home a single one!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the shower (which was very fun). We sent Karla home with quite a haul!








No comments:

Post a Comment