Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To the top

Most days I lag pretty far behind Derrick while we're biking in. Much of that is a function of his better endurance and strength, since he's been biking a lot more than me. Today, though, I mostly kept up. Admittedly, that's probably mostly because he was tired because he stayed up pretty late last night and because he was carrying my computer today for me. He said he was a full gear lower most of the way to school. Still, that probably means I'm probably only a gear and a half below him most days, which also means catching up with him is really a possibility.

Update:
On the way home Derrick reasserted his speed dominance. There's one truly killer hill probably a mile or less from our house. Once we got to the top of that hill (which we both walked up--it's that steep) I didn't see him again until we got to Sylvia's daycare and he carried her out to me. I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment